FAQ for Headshot Sessions
Which package is right for me?
Our headshot sessions are based on length. Depending on what you need, you want to make sure that you book enough time to get the images you need. Here are our package options
Standard Session: (most popular session) - The Standard session includes up to 30 minutes of photography and three retouched images that you will select at the end of the session. It’s typical to get one or two looks with two background choices (white, gray, black, green screen).
Whether you are looking for images for LinkedIn, this is a great place to start. You will also have the option to purchase additional images from the session if you need them. If you want just one or two extra retouched images or the entire gallery, we have options to make sure that you get exactly what you need.
Plus Session: The plus session includes up to one hour of photography and 5 retouched images that you will select at the end of the session. Perfect for a greater variety of images. It’s typical to get between 3 to 5 looks, and up to three backdrop options in this timeframe (white, gray, black, green screen).
Where Does the Session Take Place?
Most of our sessions take place in our studio. It’s located in Downtown Long Beach, just a few minutes off of the 710 freeway. It’s metered parking in downtown Long Beach, so please consider bringing quarters or a card for the meter. It’s also not a bad idea to check us out on our Google My Business listing and familiarize yourself with the view of the outside using Street View. You can check that out RIGHT HERE. If you need us to work on location for your session, you can upgrade to an on-location shoot for a small fee and we can collaborate on the perfect place to get the images you are looking for.
What are my options for purchasing images? Do you offer retouching?
Depending on what session you choose, it will include a set number of high-resolution, retouched images. We also have different options for you to choose from if you need to purchase any additional images, it all depends on what you need.
1. Retouched Images
With every image we reduce blemishes, fix stray hairs, whiten teeth, and other standard edits to make you look your best while still looking natural.
2. Medium Resolution Gallery
You can download all of the images in your gallery at a resolution that is ideal for online purposes. These images are not retouched, however they great for email signature
3. High Resolution Gallery
If you need all of the images in your photoshoot with the highest possible resolution, this option is the one for you. These images are not retouched. Many clients who have an in-house marketing or editing team will high resolution images
We don’t require you to make your final decision before your session, however we do offer a significant discount on retouching orders before your session. Pre-order pricing is available to you up until the day of the session
What happens if I need to reschedule or cancel?
We understand that life can get in the way. Built into our online scheduling system is the ability to change your appointment if you need to. Just call, text, or email to let us know in advance of the session and we can provide you a link to move your appointment. If, for some reason, you were unable to make your scheduled appointment or give us advanced notice, we are happy to reschedule your appointment at no additional charge for the first reschedule, and $50 each time after that to cover our administrative costs.
What should I wear for my headshots?
Here are a few things that you should consider:
- Stay away from clothes with busy patterns. Solid colors are best. No logos.
- Always bring clothes that match your style and personality.
- If black is your jam, bring at least one other article of clothing that has some color that flatters you.
- Bring an undershirt or camisole if you are shooting in multiple outfits. It saves time to be able to change tops quickly in the studio for more headshot looks. For men, wear an undershirt with a v-neck if possible as it is less likely to show up in the photos that way.
- In a headshot session, your lower half will not be in the photograph.
- Undergarments. Make sure to include the right undergarments for the tops you bring. You might be disappointed if you bring that super cute tank top or strapless dress but you forgot a strapless bra. Or if you have a white shirt with a black bra. It will show up in your photos.
- Make sure any clothes that you bring are clean and neatly pressed. This goes double for collared shirts and suits. We do not remove wrinkles in Photoshop. Please have your clothes ironed and clean of lint.
- Keep jewelry to a minimum. Less is more.
If you’re still lost, send us some photos of the outfits you are considering, and we would be happy to guide you through winning selections.
What else should I do to prepare for my headshot session?
Planning is everything! Here is some food for thought that can help you look your best on your shoot.
- We recommend if you plan on having your hair cut or colored, make sure to do it at least 4 days before your session.
- Drink plenty of water in the days prior to your shoot.
- Stay away from alcohol and do your best to get a couple of solid nights of sleep leading up to the session. Alcohol and lack of sleep can make your face puffy, give you red eyes, and cause under eye darkness to be exaggerated.
How soon will I get my photos back?
Because we are picking your selections right after your shoot, we can get your retouched images usually within 72 hours. If you prefer, we can create an online gallery available for you to view on request.